Powder Springs Car Accidents

Powder Springs Car Accident Lawyer

Car accidents are an unfortunately common occurrence on roadways in Metro Atlanta. The Georgia Department of Transportation (DOT) estimates that at least 130,000 people are injured in car accidents each year. That number represents far more people who are impacted by car accidents, such as family, friends, and co-workers.

At The Embry Law Firm, we understand how difficult this time is for you and your loved ones. Our goal is to ensure that your legal rights are protected as you pursue insurance claims or personal injury claims against another driver or other party. Our Powder Springs car accident lawyer has helped numerous Georgian’s maximize their compensation.

Powder Springs Car Accidents

Powder Springs is situated in Cobb County – a growing area of Metro Atlanta. Highways 78 and 278 are in easy proximity, as are Interstates 20 and 85. These roadways are often crowded as people commute to and from Downtown, Marietta, or Douglasville. No matter what part of Cobb County you are traveling in, The Embry Law Firm can help with car accidents including:

If you have been injured in a car accident caused by someone other than yourself, contact The Embry Law Firm to learn more about your rights and legal options.

Causes of Car Accidents in Powder Springs

Some car accidents are caused by unavoidable factors like weather conditions or a tire blow-out. Most, however, are the result of someone’s negligence. The most common causes of car accidents in Powder Springs include:

In any of these situations, someone else may be at fault for your injuries. It could be the other driver, a negligent road worker, or a manufacturer who installed defective parts without warning consumers.

Georgia’s Comparative Negligence Doctrine

There are also car accident situations where you may be partly at fault for the accident. That does not mean that you cannot recover compensation for what you have lost due to the accident. It does mean, however, that the compensation you qualify for may be reduced.

In Georgia, the comparative negligence doctrine may be applied to car accident cases where more than one person was at fault. For example, if you were speeding, and another driver was distracted and ran a stop sign, you both may be considered somewhat at fault for the accident. Under the comparative negligence doctrine, the court will establish a percentage of fault.

You may be 35% at fault, while the other driver is found to be 65% at fault. As long as you are considered to be 50% or less at fault for the accident, you can still pursue a personal injury claim. If you are found to be 50% or more at fault, the court will not allow you to obtain damages in a legal claim.

Why You Should Contact The Embry Law Firm

After being involved in a car accident, you understandably have a lot on your plate. You may be recovering from injuries, and certainly are recovering from the mental and emotional toll that accidents take. During this time, the last thing on your mind is engaging in a legal battle. Fortunately, you don’t have to.

When you contact The Embry Law Firm, we can help you determine if you have an actionable claim. Our Powder Springs car accident lawyer will carefully review your car accident situation to determine if someone else was at least 50% at fault. If so, we can proceed with a personal injury claim.

The Embry Law Firm will work with you every step of the way to build a strong case and get the compensation you deserve. We will help you:

Every car accident case is different, which is why you deserve individualized legal guidance for you and your family.

Testimonials

"I am in the process of going through a very difficult divorce w/child. I was wondering to myself which was harder. Getting the divorce or finding a good attorney. I had become very frustrated. I called Ms. Paige and she was very kind, genuine and listened to my difficult situation with a kind heart. I felt somewhat of a relief and at peace after speaking w/her. She seems to be very knowledgeable through experience working with the different courts. Thus far, she has promptly returned all of my correspondences no matter what time of day and been very helpful with guiding me through the process. I do/hope & believe her knowledge, aggressiveness and expertise will continue in the courtroom."
Anonymous
"Outstanding job!! Was very happy with my outcome of my settlement."
Jennifer
"Bethaney was instrumental in handling my personal injury case. Within two hours of calling her firm, she met me at Grady Memorial Hospital. From that moment on, she was always a phone call away. Bethaney was patient and updated me continuously on my case while handling multiple insurance companies. For anyone who is in need of a great personal injury attorney that will handle everything smoothly should consider Bethaney Embry."
Malina

Do you need professional legal assistance?